Help & Support
How can I save money on my insurance premiums?
There are many things you can do to keep your insurance premiums as low as possible.
For your vehicle:
- Combine coverage to activate discounts – the more insurance you purchase with Servus Insurance Services, Home and Auto, the more you save. Consider combining all of your vehicles plus your home insurance with us.
- Purchase Accident Forgiveness – this coverage can help maintain the cost of your premiums after your first accident by protecting your driving record.
- Maintain your driving record – driving carefully and following the speed limit helps avoid convictions which can negatively impact your vehicle insurance premiums.
- Consider insurance implications before buying and do some research about what vehicles are considered more or less expensive to insure.
- Purchase (and use) winter tires – using winter tires in extreme weather can minimize your chances of having an accident, which could increase your premium. Also, in certain areas of Canada, we offer an outright discount just for having them.
- Choose higher deductibles – generally, if you choose a higher deductible, your insurance premiums will be lower.
- Driver's training – vehicle insurance can be expensive for newly licensed drivers. Taking a licensed driver's training course can help offset this.
For your home:
- Combine coverage to activate discounts – the more insurance you purchase with Servus Insurance Services, Home and Auto, the more you save. Consider combining your home insurance and your vehicles with us.
- Inspect and maintain your home regularly – the things that reduce your premium are often the same things that you are already considering to keep your home safe and well-maintained for you and your family. By proactively avoiding perils, you avoid claims, and therefore avoid increases to your premiums.
- Consider insurance implications before buying – newer homes are generally less expensive to insure, because their heating, plumbing and electrical systems are likely to be in better condition than older homes. The location of your home can also influence insurance premiums.
At Servus Insurance Services, Home and Auto protecting you, your family and your assets with the best coverage we can provide is always our goal.
Did that answer your question?
Servus Insurance Services | Home and Auto ("SISHA") is a tradename for belairdirect Agency Inc., used under license, and is not a subsidiary of Servus Credit Union. This is not a solicitation by Servus Credit Union. Home and auto insurance is underwritten by Belair Insurance Company Inc. Services provided by belairdirect Agency Inc. ®belairdirect is a registered trademark of Belair Insurance Company used under licence.